St Margaret Church in Carshalton approached me to create a website for them. They wanted me to also set up the hosting and do the search engine optimisation for the website. They needed a website that would:
- Give general information about the church and the mass times
- Allow parishioners to download the weekly newsletter and the monthly rota
- Allow Father Patrick to upload his weekly homilies and reflections
- Have a diary for their events
- Have several image galleries
- Display well on mobiles
- Be an attractive website for parishioners to visit and to let them access the information they need easily
I developed the website using Drupal 8. This was one of my first Drupal 8 projects. I thought it would be a good project to start with as the site was quite a straight forward one.
I optimised the website for mobiles and tablets and spent additional time optimising the site for search engines.